Pros & Cons of Driveway Pergola Carports
You like to drive in style, now it’s time to park in style. Imagine a gorgeous, low-maintenance, and stylish way to protect your valuable vehicles – at a fraction of the cost of adding a garage…
Introducing driveway pergola carports, the innovative and spectacular way to embrace open-air, partial protection for your car, SUV or truck.
The pergola experts here at Garbrella have created this guide to walk you through the pros and cons of transforming your outdoor space with a pergola style carport so you can decide if it is a great fit for your unique needs.
Want to find your dream pergola carport ideas? Keep reading to learn the benefits of a driveway pergola carport, or shop online now.
Best Pergola Carports Ideas & Uses
A driveway pergola carport is an excellent addition to your garage if you need more space or an outstanding alternative to a traditional garage. A pergola can also provide a decorative accent to your home exterior and potentially raise your property value.
There are several benefits you should consider when deciding whether or not to add a pergola-style carport to your home:
- Partial coverage: A pergola offers partial protection from rain and snow while providing a moderate amount of shade from the sun. This exclusive advantage can keep your vehicle warmer in the chilly months and cooler in the summertime.
- Visual appeal: A pergola-style carport is a more elegant and aesthetic way of protecting your vehicle when compared to the average garage, large shed or carport.
- Low-maintenance needs: Like any luxury vinyl pergola kit, vinyl pergola carports are also maintenance-free since mold and mildew won’t grow on the sides.
A pergola driveway carport is the ultimate solution for many homeowners looking to achieve economical vehicle protection AND curb appeal.
Learn more about the pergola benefits that homeowners love here.
Explore Trellis Carports, Pergola Style Carports & More
With a variety of pergola colors and styles to choose from, you are sure to find a design that speaks to your personal taste! In addition to visual appearance, it’s important to know what type of pergola or trellis carport makes sense for your home and needs.
There are two main types of structures, both available in white or clay vinyl which include the pergola carport attached to the house and the freestanding model:
- Pergola carport attached to house: The most affordable vinyl option is a pergola carport attached to the house. Because it only requires 2 posts instead of 4, it is typically the more budget-friendly option. However, this type of pergola can be increasingly tricky for DIY pergola installers considering the complications of attaching it to a pre-existing structure – in this case, your house or garage!
- Pergola freestanding model: The freestanding driveway pergola carport is ideal for property owners with ample space on their land. As the name suggests, this pergola design idea can be used for anywhere on the property whether that is on the driveway, behind the house or by the garden! Though higher in price, freestanding pergola carport ideas are commonly easier to install yourself.
Not sure what type of pergola or trellis carport is right for you? Take a look at Gabrella’s extensive online showcase gallery for endless inspiration. Or, read more about the differences between freestanding vs attached pergola styles here!
Garbrella: Shipping Pergola Style Carports Nationwide!
Garbrella Pergolas is a small, family-owned business that offers top-notch service and products backed by warranty. We’re proud to use only the finest premium-grade, vinyl made and assembled in Lancaster, Pennsylvania!
All of our luxury pergolas and carports come in kits designed for you to DIY the project or hire a professional contractor to perform the installation. Whatever your pergola carport idea, we offer a wide range of customization options for style, size, and color to bring your inspiration to life!
Get fast, nationwide, shipping on driveway pergola carports when you order yours today!